SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT
In consideration for your use of the software and any updates, customizations and/or enhancements, entitled VstarSoft's Numbers("Software") provided by VstarSoft("Licensor"), you ("User") agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms, you may not install the software and you must return the package or uninstall any version of the software from your computer.
1. License. Licensor hereby grants the User a non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Software for personal use on one device by User only. Licensor reserves the right at any time, without liability or prior notice, to change the features or characteristics of the Software, this Agreement, or the Software's documentation and related materials.
2. License Restrictions.
a. User acknowledges that the Software and its structure, organization, and source code constitute valuable trade secrets of Licensor. Accordingly, User agrees not to (i) copy, perform, distribute, modify, adapt, alter, translate, or create derivative works from the Software; (ii) merge the Software with other software; (iii) sublicense, lease, rent, or loan the Software to any third party; (iv) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Software; or (v) otherwise use the Software except as expressly allowed in this Agreement.
b. Licensor retains exclusive ownership of all worldwide copyrights, trade marks, service marks, trade secrets, patent rights, moral rights, property rights and all other industrial rights in the Software and documentation, including any derivative works, modification, updates, or enhancements. All rights in and to the Software not expressly granted to User in this Agreement are reserved by Licensor. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to grant, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, a license under any of Licensor's existing or future patents.
c. User shall not use the Software in any way that violates any local, state, federal or law of any nations, including but not limited to the posting of information that may violate third party rights, that may defame a third party, that may be obscene or pornographic, that may harass or assault others, that may violate hacking or other computer crime regulations, etc.
3. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY FUNCTIONALITY OR ITS BEING VIRUS FREE. USER RECOGNIZES THAT THE AS IS CLAUSE OF THIS AGREEMENT IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE BASIS OF THIS AGREEMENT, WITHOUT WHICH LICENSOR WOULD NOT HAVE AGREED TO ENTER THIS AGREEMENT. LICENSOR AND THIRD PARTIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. NO REPRESENTATION OR OTHER AFFIRMATION OF FACT REGARDING THE SOFTWARE SHALL BE DEEMED A WARRANTY FOR ANY PURPOSE OR GIVE RISE TO ANY LIABILITY OF THIRD PARTIES WHATSOEVER. USER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE OR SHE HAS RELIED ON NO WARRANTIES OR STATEMENTS OTHER THAN AS MAY BE SET FORTH HEREIN.
4. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. LICENSOR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO USER OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS, REVENUE OR SAVINGS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, OR THE LOSS OF USE OF ANY DATA, EVEN IF LICENSOR HAD BEEN ADVISED OF, KNEW, OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN, OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL LICENSOR'S AGGREGATE CUMULATIVE LIABILITY HEREUNDER, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY USER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT. USER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE FEES PAID BY HIM OR HER REFLECT THE ALLOCATION OF RISK SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT LICENSOR WOULD NOT ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT WITHOUT THESE LIMITATIONS ON ITS LIABILITY.
5. Indemnification. User shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Licensor, its officers, directors contractors, agents and employees, from any and all claims or causes of action arising out of use of or related to the Software, and pay any and all damages and expenses (including but not limited to attorneys fees incurred by Licensor and/or third parties) in connection therewith. Licensor reserves the right, at it own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by User, in which event User shall cooperate with the Licensor in asserting any available defenses.
6. Termination. This Agreement is effective unless terminated by Licensor at any time for any breach of this Agreement. User may terminate this Agreement at any time by destroying all copies of the Software in User's possession and deleting the Software from User's computer system and other storage media, or by returning all such copies to Licensor. This Agreement and User's right to use this Software automatically terminate if User breaches this Agreement.
7. Legal Compliance. Licensor may suspend or terminate use of Software and this Agreement immediately upon receipt of any notice which alleges that User has used the Software for any purpose that violates any local, state, federal or law of other nations, including but not limited to the posting of information that may violate third party rights, that may defame a third party, that may be obscene or pornographic, that may harass or assault others, that may violate hacking or other criminal regulations, etc. of its agents, officers, directors, contractors or employees. In such event, Licensor may disclose the User's identity and contact information, if requested by a government or law enforcement body, or as a result of a subpoena or other legal action, and Licensor shall not be liable for damages or results thereof and User agrees not to bring any action or claim against this Licensor for such disclosure.
8. Miscellaneous. Either party may assign this Agreement to any successor in interest who purchases or through change in control owns greater than fifty percent of the assets or equity of such entity and agrees in writing to be bound by the terms and conditions herein; any other assignment shall be void. This Agreement and any dispuarising here under shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of UNITED STATES OF AMERICA without regard to principles of conflict of laws. For the purpose of this Agreement, User consents to the personal jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.